How Do We Determine Your Vehicles Condition During A Trade Appraisal?
When we 're doing a physical inspection of your vehicle during a trade appraisal, these are the type of things we are looking for.
Take a look at each of the condition qualifications below to determine the overall condition of your vehicle before you come to your appointment so you know what yo expect. These are the standards used in the automotive industry and will help you to understand the Full Market Valuation of your vehicle.
3% of all cars we value meet this criteria
- Vehicle looks new and is in excellent mechanical condition.
- Vehicle has never had any paint touch-ups and or body work done.
- Vehicle does not need reconditioning.
- The engine compartment is clean and free of leaks.
- Vehicle is free of rust.
- The body and interior are free of wear or visible defects.
- The wheels are flawless.
- All tires match and are like new.
- Vehicle has a clean registration (w/no accidents or issues) and will pass safety and emissions test.
- Vehicle has complete and verifiable service records.
23% of all cars we value meet this criteria
- Has minor cosmetic defects and is in excellent mechanical condition
- Has had minor paint touch-up and or body work
- Requires minimal reconditioning
- The engine compartment is clean and free of leaks
- Is free of rust
- The body and interior have minimal signs of wear or visible defects
- Wheels are flawless
- All tires match and 75% or more of tread remaining
- Has a clean registration (w/no accidents or issues) and will pass safety and emissions test
- Most service records are available
54% of all cars we value meet this criteria
- Has some repairable cosmetic defects and is free of major mechanical problems
- May need some servicing
- The paint and bodywork may require minor touch-ups
- The engine compartment may have minor leaks
- Has only minor rust, if any
- The body may have minor scratches or scrapes
- The interior has minor blemishes characteristic of normal wear
- Wheels may have minor repairable scratches or scrapes
- All tires match and have at least 50% or tread remaining
- Though it may need some reconditioning, it has a clean accident history and will pass a safety and emissions examination
- Some service records are available
18% of all cars we value meet this criteria
- Has some repairable cosmetic defects that require repairing and/or replacing
- Requires some mechanical repairs
- The paint and bodywork may require refreshing and body repair
- The engine compartment has leaks and may require repairs
- May have some repairable rust damage
- The body has dents, chips, and/or scratches
- The interior has substantial wear, and may have small tears
- Wheels may be warped, or bent, have major scratches, scrapes, or pitting and require replacement
- The tires may not match and need replacement
- Needs servicing, but is still in reasonable running condition with a clean accident history
- A few service records are available
- Most trade value resources will not provide a valuation on cars that meet this criteria
- These vehicles are seldom kept for retail sales by the dealership due to high cost to bring to standards compared to average retail market values